Of course our presentation wasn't as impressive as theirs, but I assure you, it was tasty! I should also note that we made up the majority of these combinations on the spot, utilizing the seasonal ingredients we had on-hand.
What you're seeing:
- Endive leaves filled with black lentil, cucumber, red pepper, walnut, and lemon tahini.
- Breakfast radish, herbed hummus, cashew cream, and flaked sea salt.
- Sliced Fuji apple, pickled red onion, baby arugula, chili and crushed garlic infused olive oil.
Recipe // Cashew Cream
1 Cup organic raw cashews
1/2 Cup filtered water
- Rinse the cashews in a colander and place them into a bowl. Cover them with fresh filtered water. Let cashews soak for at least two hours (but up to eight hours).
- Drain soaked cashews, then combine them with 1/2 cup fresh water in a Vita-Mix or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of water to thin it out and pulse a while longer. Add salt to taste.
I sometimes add garlic, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or fresh herbs to the base recipe…just depends on what you're going for! You can use this sauce as a cheese substitute in a variety of vegan recipes, including mac & cheese, pizza (to drizzle on after baking), and salad dressings (I highly suggest the vegan ranch dressing).